Friday 9 November 2012
Winners of 2012 Oil & Gas UK Awards Announced
The winners of the 2012 Oil & Gas UK Awards, sponsored by Shell U.K. Limited, have been announced.
All five were presented with their awards at a ceremony at the Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre on 8 November, where over 600 people from across the oil and gas industry had gathered to celebrate the winners’ achievements.
The Oil & Gas UK Awards is the annual showcase event for the UK offshore oil and gas industry, which honours the top performing people and companies.
The winners, across five categories are:
- The Oil & Gas UK Award for People Development (sponsored by University of Aberdeen) – Champion Technologies
- The Oil & Gas UK Award for Business Efficiency (sponsored by Apache North Sea) – Cyberhawk Innovations and Stork Technical Services
- The Oil & Gas UK Award for Mentoring (sponsored by Chevron North Sea Limited) – Jeanette Yuile, Head of Sub Surface and Wells Data Management Europe, Shell U.K. Limited
- The Oil & Gas UK Award for Young Technician of the Year (sponsored by OPITO Ltd) – Craig Wood, Electrical Technician, Apache North Sea
- The Oil & Gas UK Award for Overall Excellence (sponsored by sponsored by Marathon Oil U.K. Ltd) – Keith Neish, Senior Mechanical Engineer, AMEC
In addition, Sir Ian Wood was presented with a special lifetime achievement award on the night, in recognition of his long and distinguished career and his outstanding contribution to the UK oil and gas industry.
Oil & Gas UK’s chief executive, Malcolm Webb, said: “Once again the Oil & Gas UK Awards – the industry’s ‘oscars’ – have shone the spotlight on the people and companies which we are privileged to work alongside.
“A record number of people attended these awards in order to celebrate with and pay tribute to their peers. I’m very pleased to say that, judging by the quality of entries, there is clearly an abundance of real talent, innovation and enthusiasm active within our industry.
“The evening was also a chance to give a very special thank you to Sir Ian Wood, who has been one of this industry’s foremost figures for decades and is one of the greatest industrialists this country has ever produced.
“I congratulate all the finalists and not just the winners. They can all count themselves as being among the very best of the best.”
|Previous press release||Next press release|